Sunday, October 28, 2012

Adventures in moleskine sketch journaling

     Recently I have decided to take up journaling, but as an artist of course this task could not simply include writing. For the last three days I have been writing personal entries as well as logging pen sketches/illustrations to suite the writing, to match my mood, style, or simply amusing page filler. I have seen that there are many illustrators out there keeping up with their thoughts and creative juices on the go this way. 

     For my journal I chose a small format hard-bound sketchbook with a canvas cover rather than a traditional moleskine brand to avoid the cost as this is a new venture for me. More than anything I hope to blend the water color sketching as week as other mediums into a single place so I can inspire myself to strive for better skill and increased work output. Hopefully beyond theses exercises, new projects will come to light all while letting me get my thoughts out as well. I am also uploading some teasers of the artwork so far.

2 comments:

  1. Zombie teddy bears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be taking some more photos of this piece to break it down and show more details like the mosnter in the toy box or the subtleties of the little broken train's details. Again who are you just want to give credit to the commenters

      Delete