Thursday, April 18, 2013

Latest ink sketches

     I have been spending about an hour or two each night working on my inking skills and getting back into a sketching groove. I have started brush inking ann trying to learn the style of Craig Thompson a writer and graphic novelist I greatly respect and admire. So I have broken out my ink and pen nibs as well as a synthetic sable style #2 sized brush. I decided just had fun with no real restrictions or preconceived plans. 

     The goal is to be exercising my drawing muscles (both in technique and in my mind), and begin my journey with story-boarding the first "issue" of my graphic novel. I say "issue" because the idea is to release the entire story in a long format not serialized like a monthly comic would be. To make things easier in work flow I do break down the work and story into segments as if it were being released one installment at a time. 

     My best friend Richard has been giving me some writing pointers for pacing my story and fixing issues with scene focus, number of panels per page, and some small rewrites. Hope you like the uploads. Also lastly I found an old abstract I did for the ART IS RESISTANCE movement and I wanted to show that ink work on this post as well. I am nervous about showing to much of my character art at this stage or giving away anything about the story on the blog. Email me and I will let you check it out away from public upload.









No comments:

Post a Comment