Friday, April 5, 2013

Musical Inspiration

     Tonight I had this overwhelming desire to sit at my animation desk (something I haven't done in awhile) and create something tooney. I have really been feeling the vibes from The Gorillaz and Del the Funky Homosapien. I have had a steady mix of Dels 3030, mix tape, and the Gorillaz discography. I have really been enjoying the songs Empire ants (especially the Miami Horror remix), Stylo, Clint Eastwood, Kids with Guns, Last living souls. 

     I decided I should attempt to sketch out a group shot of the Gorillaz and see what I could come up with. I did use reference photos for faces, but the poses are original, and the layout is from my mind. Russell is on the far left with is his Ghost aka Del the Funky. Center is 2D pointing an ape like finger. Murdock is pinching a cigarette, and Noodle is peeking out waving. I still need to clean up the layout, and make some corrections to Russell, and some of their arm positions, but overall I really like this rough sketch.







No comments:

Post a Comment