Thursday, August 9, 2012

New paintings

     I recently took up watercolor painting again. I cannot believe how much I missed this paint medium as well as just winding down to paint in general. It is so therapeutic to hold a brush in my hand and be in a quiet peacefully solace. I love the way it allow me to remove stress and just breath. It has really brought me back to a passion for art and pulled me from the poison of being stuck on perfection. 

     I am painting with a pentel water brush and a cottman travel set of winsor newton field paints. I also have begun mixing in gauche and watercolor pencil. This freedom of field sketching and painting is amazing. I hope to soon practice some painting en plen air as the French say maybe at Lewis Ginter. Hope you like

No comments:

Post a Comment