Saturday, August 11, 2012

Work in progress Japanese garden watercolor

     I got this image in my head and just started sketching out the rough with a watercolor pencil. I have been working on this painting locking in sections of color and shape little by little on my lunch breaks and fifteens at work. It feels so calming to paint and i really needed that release today. I have been feeling so much joy since my daughter was born but at the same time tons of anxiety over things I cannot immediately impact like my current state of employment and my personal goals. 

     I know this much I am a starving artist and not in the literal sense. I starve for creativity and the connection I feel with my self when I paint or draw. One day I will be able to let that passion out but at present these little paintings help me feel reassured not to let my dreams or creativity die

No comments:

Post a Comment